PDA

View Full Version : Russia And Nazi Germany

X
03-04-2014, 08:31 AM
By now, I am sure all of you have heard of Russia's actions in the Ukraine. One of the first thoughts in my mind when I heard about this was, "wow, WW2 started over an invasion". There are also other similarities. In 1936, Germany hosted the Olympics when Hitler was in charge, just like Russia just held the Olympics a month ago. Germany then invaded Czechoslovakia and Poland, just like Russia has "invaded" Ukraine. Also, the two most infamous oppressive governments that people usually think of, Fascism and Communism, are usually attached to Nazi Germany and current Russia. Do you think that what Russia is doing now to Ukraine is similar to what Germany did back in the lat 1930's? Are there other common themes as well? And maybe most importantly, do you think this could be the trigger for WW3?

Perun
03-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Nope.Russia doesn't want to conquer EU and world domination.They are fighting against nazi party Svoboda(Who controls Kiev).They want have strong influence over former Soviet states(especially Ukraine and Georgia) and are saying to NATO to stay out of this countrys.

Nordlending
03-04-2014, 10:11 AM
The western media is doing a terrible job.

I don't think Russia will ever be interested in conquering Europe. The risk is to high.

Lord Melkor
03-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Nope.Russia doesn't want to conquer EU and world domination.They are fighting against nazi party Svoboda(Who controls Kiev).They want have strong influence over former Soviet states(especially Ukraine and Georgia) and are saying to NATO to stay out of this countrys.

Explain how they are Nazis. And Swoboda is only one of the three main parties that opposed Janukovych.

I do not think that any side in this conflict can be compared to Nazis. But Russia used force in indpendent country, this cannot be excused for me.

Perun
03-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Explain how they are Nazis. And Swoboda is only one of the three main parties that opposed Janukovych.

I do not think that any side in this conflict can be compared to Nazis. But Russia used force in indpendent country, this cannot be excused for me.

The leader of Svoboda uses a nazi salute and their mentor is Bandera(the guy who fought on nazi side during the WW2).

Underfed Somali
03-04-2014, 11:11 PM
So instead of Russia being the Nazis, they're more like the freedom fighters liberating our Ukrainian friends from their tyrannic nazi leaders.

Yeah that sounds almost credible.

i c e
03-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Russia just does not want to allow any more Western influences around their territories, and US again like countless times are trying to play the hero and drop their soldiers there to be one step closer to Russia...

I would advise US to butt out of this, to be frank Russia can overrun Ukraine in a day...

X
03-05-2014, 12:37 AM
Russia just does not want to allow any more Western influences around their territories, and US again like countless times are trying to play the hero and drop their soldiers there to be one step closer to Russia...

I would advise US to butt out of this, to be frank Russia can overrun Ukraine in a day...

And you have no problem with Russia just going into a country and trying to take control of it?

Allara
03-05-2014, 12:57 AM
It isnt really anything like weimar germany, the Russians haven't attempted to commit mass genocide yet. If any country tried to do something similar to what hitler did, then theyd automatically be breaking the Geneva Convention. The EU might tolerate Russia occupying, but they wouldnt tolerate any country breaking the geneva convention to such an extent.

Rim
03-05-2014, 01:03 AM
So instead of Russia being the Nazis, they're more like the freedom fighters liberating our Ukrainian friends from their tyrannic nazi leaders.

Yeah that sounds almost credible.

If Ukraine surrenders to Russia they could write off their debt. :maybe

Phoenix
03-05-2014, 01:05 AM
US gave Ukraine money so that they could pay off their debt.

Rim
03-05-2014, 01:07 AM
US gave Ukraine money so that they could pay off their debt.

I'm surprised. Maybe Russia should take over the US too; their debt is surely more dire. It'd be a peacekeeping mission, protecting America from itself.

Rim
03-05-2014, 01:24 AM
On a serious note, this is clearly bad news for the rest of the civilized world. Times are a'changing.

Phoenix
03-05-2014, 01:25 AM
China is pretty happy.

pizzadust
03-05-2014, 01:32 AM
It's not nazi germany.