PDA

View Full Version : Official Question of the Day Thread

I Love Sticky Buns
06-10-2011, 01:18 AM
In order to promote activity, as well as intelligent contemplation, among our members, i say we try each day to propose a different question for everyone to discuss.
Q: Do you think that as inindividuals and as a civilized society, it is better to spend our lifetimes trying to erase problems or making sure we are prepared for the inevitable struggles?

Fecal Excrmnt
06-10-2011, 01:37 AM
I dont get the question

Millennium Creed
06-10-2011, 01:40 AM
yes

Rasendori
06-10-2011, 02:46 AM
Trying to erase all problems would be the smarter choice of the two.

Soca
06-10-2011, 02:47 AM
I think we should try to fix our current problems. Being ignorant to a mess would most inevitably make it worse and as good as it is to prepare for the future for the disaster it's much more refreshing to deal with it while it's small and manageable.

Ultra
06-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Erasing problems, since we don't really know what our future struggles will be like.

Pimp of Pimps
06-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Trying to erase the problems is the struggle.

Millennium Creed
06-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Q: Do you think human ignorance will remain forever?

Ultra
06-12-2011, 09:15 PM
No matter how you look at it, there will always be ignorant people because there will always be people dumber than others.

Fecal Excrmnt
06-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Q: Do you think human ignorance will remain forever?
Yes

Pimp of Pimps
06-12-2011, 09:44 PM
For there not to be ignorance would mean that everyone knows everything, which is not gonna happen.

Millennium Creed
06-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Hmm, okay.

Q: Do you think that society these days is to technologically advanced?

Fecal Excrmnt
06-12-2011, 09:47 PM
No

Pimp of Pimps
06-12-2011, 09:48 PM
It's not so much that we are too technologically advanced, but that people rely too much on our advanced technology.

Fecal Excrmnt
06-12-2011, 09:56 PM
^yep

I Love Sticky Buns
09-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Time to ressurect this shit. And fuckers, do it right this time. Q:Do you think morality is inherent in the human species, and how highly do you value it? A: I do think is an integral part of human nature, I understand it to be an over exaggeration of a complex function of the survival instinct (I can explain it greater detail, but it will be long). I don't, however believe is right or wrong, good and bad, etc. These are imaginary manifestations of the intense desperation of an overactive mammalian brain(as are other things such as money, law, and truth.)

I Love Sticky Buns
09-13-2011, 08:58 PM
YOU ALL CAN JUST GO TO HELL.

I Love Sticky Buns
02-23-2012, 11:22 PM
Last time I'm doing this. Q: Do you believe in multiple universes? A: I believe in infinite vertical universes stacked on each other in three dimensional space. If anyone actually cares, then ill go into more detail in another post.

Pimp of Pimps
02-23-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm actually not to sure what to believe on whether or not there's a multiverse. At this point I'm probably gonna say no.

Also, continue this thread. we have more activity now so it might actually work.

V
02-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Are you talking about the 4th dimension and up?

I Love Sticky Buns
02-23-2012, 11:29 PM
Let's wait and see.

I Love Sticky Buns
02-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Are you talking about the 4th dimension and up?

In the question or my answer?

V
02-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Well you mentioned it in your answer so Im assuming it has something to do with the question

I Love Sticky Buns
02-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Basically like our universe, the atomic universe, etc. Have you ever heard how there is an infinite amount of space between two points? How if you go halfway between to points, then go halfway again, and only ever cover half the distance? I think the universe is infinite in accordance to size and span. The point where perception breaks is the inter-universal border.

Pimp of Pimps
02-23-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm sure you remember how in TMNT it was mentioned that an atom is mostly empty space and that using different frequencies you can access different spaces and therefore different dimensions. do you believe something similar?

I Love Sticky Buns
02-23-2012, 11:55 PM
No, not particularly. Sounds like they were influenced by string theory.

Minty
02-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Q: Is atheism a non-prophet organization?

Q: Is there another word for synonym?

Q: If a fly loses it's wings, does it become a walk?

Q: If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

V
02-24-2012, 12:58 AM
Don't know

Nope

No it is still a fly

You failed

Minty
02-24-2012, 01:06 AM
Q: If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

Q: If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Q: If your parents didn't have children, are your chances good that you won't either?

@ V

Look at the spelling of "prophet". It's not profit. Lol

And how can you fail if you succeeded?

V
02-24-2012, 01:17 AM
Your goal is to fail and you did not achieve that. As a result you failed at reaching your goal even though in other eyes it is seen as a good thing.

Tests are more quizzical?

Morons come from lack of critical thinking

If my parents have no children I have no chance of having one

Minty
02-24-2012, 01:22 AM
No, your goal is to fail and you succeeded at failing. Is that really failing?

Are you sure about the tests? :maybe

The question was does morality come from morons. Not where do morons come from.

Exactly.

Rim
02-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Exactly.

Unless you`re adopted

Minty
02-24-2012, 01:32 AM
They won't be parents. They'd be gaurdians.

V
02-24-2012, 01:33 AM
If you succeed at your goal than you achieved success through failure.

Not at all :maybe

I don't know

:)

Minty
02-24-2012, 01:43 AM
So you succeeded even though you failed?

I'm sure you know the answer I'm looking for. :maybe

A wise man knows when to say he doesn't know.

Rim
02-24-2012, 01:54 AM
Does morallity come from morons if electricity comes from electrons?

No, just like how radiation comes from neurons, it can also come from electrons. It depends on what morallity is but the idea is that it comes from both the very smart and the very dumb.

Minty
02-24-2012, 02:01 AM
It was more of a joke than a serious question.

Q: Can blind people see their dreams?

I Love Sticky Buns
02-24-2012, 03:56 AM
Depends on how long they've been blind.

Fecal Excrmnt
02-24-2012, 06:32 AM
Q: Is atheism a non-prophet organization?

Q: Is there another word for synonym?

Q: If a fly loses it's wings, does it become a walk?

Q: If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
These are all retarded rhetorical questions. This thread is supposed to be about actual questions, assface.

I Love Sticky Buns
02-24-2012, 06:48 AM
Please speak gently with timmy. The glue might not be completely dry yet.

Pacifista
02-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Last time I'm doing this. Q: Do you believe in multiple universes? A: I believe in infinite vertical universes stacked on each other in three dimensional space. If anyone actually cares, then ill go into more detail in another post.

If I may just reply to this one.

I saw a program about this. An episode of Curiosity, I believe, that talked about the possibility of a multiverse---of there being another parallel universe to ours. I can't remember all of it as it was some time ago but it spoke about time-space as planes and things with mass being placed on these planes. They actually "weigh" on space-time and contort it just so. Things like supermassive black holes would heavily weigh in and contort a plane of space-time and actually sink into the next universal plane. It also spoke of there being a lot of matter that is "missing" from the universe. That is, everything that we know to exist doesn't nearly comprise the totality of matter and energy that started out so there is actually a search for where this matter could possibly be and one thought is that it simply exists in another universe. Those points where large supermassive black holes exist could then be points where our universes actually touch each other.

Now, I'm certainly no authority on any of this but all of it sounded quite interesting and I actually have thought about the possibility of there being other universes out there before. I say it certainly is plausible.

Pimp of Pimps
03-29-2012, 05:46 PM
We need to start this again.

Millennium Creed
03-29-2012, 08:05 PM
If your son was gay; would your beliefs (religious or philosophical) constitute hating him or disowning him?

Pimp of Pimps
03-30-2012, 04:17 AM
No, I don't think so. Being gay (as in, actually participating in gay sex) is not permitted in Islam nor do I really agree with it, but my son is still my son.

Fecal Excrmnt
03-30-2012, 09:15 PM
lol hell

I Love Sticky Buns
03-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Can you imagine hell? No poontang besides that extraterrestrial looking Bitch in Fakirs avatar? Burr...

Live Fast Eat Ass
06-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Q: What do you think is the most beneficial type of economy for a sovereign state?

Live Fast Eat Ass
09-02-2013, 01:13 AM
Q:Do you think satisfaction is best achieved by adhering as closely as possible to the ideal standard of your programming and do you believe you, personally, seek happiness in this way?

X
09-02-2013, 01:16 AM
Q:Do you think satisfaction is best achieved by adhering as closely as possible to the ideal standard of your programming and you believe you, personally, seek happiness in this way?

Of course. If someone believes one way is the right way to do things, people are going to try to stick to doing it that was as closely as possible in order to achieve satisfaction. I achieve happiness by doing the things that I want to do. So I guess that it is kind of a similar way to achieve my happiness.

Cereal Killer
09-03-2013, 04:25 AM
Q:Do you think satisfaction is best achieved by adhering as closely as possible to the ideal standard of your programming and do you believe you, personally, seek happiness in this way?

As fer the first question, from my handful of experiences, i would say most people find their satisfaction by livin' in the manner they see as the best fit for em. Furthermore people tend to look for an environment that best compliments the way they choose to live their satisfactory lifestyle. Only a lack of means would keep em from doin' otherwise.
As a personal belief, i have always found it beneficial in some shape or form to be pushed out of my comfort zone. In a way, to live a lifestyle never to comfortable with one way of doin' things so as to expose myself to new and unexpected experiences. I find satisfaction in any journey whether i ended up likin' it or not. This still kinda adheres to the whole idea of stikin' to yer "ideal standard" but with a lack of consistency or i suppose a lack of consistency is my ideal standard. My happiness comes from not knowin' what really makes me happy, or maybe more like i just want to keep searchin' for and tryin' things that might make me happy. That's why i always have a hard time pickin' favorites of anythin'. I always consider the fact that there might be somethin' i like more.

So all in all my answer is yes.

Live Fast Eat Ass
03-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Q: how does it make you feel to know you can only actually interact with an artificial representation of the universe constructed by your brain?

The Shogun of Shoguns
03-02-2014, 06:34 AM
Makes me feel very happy.

D
03-02-2014, 07:23 AM
It doesn't matter. If thats the way it is then theres a reason for it.

Live Fast Eat Ass
03-05-2014, 12:10 AM
Q: Is it worse to know love and loose it or never know it at all?

X
03-05-2014, 12:34 AM
Q: Is it worse to know love and loose it or never know it at all?

No. Loneliness can be just as difficult and troubling as loss.

Phoenix
03-05-2014, 12:34 AM
Never know it at all.

X
05-13-2014, 12:44 AM
Mammal, you should revive this.

Live Fast Eat Ass
05-13-2014, 01:29 AM
I'm not willing to ask stupid people questions to keep the thread active.

Crispinianus
05-13-2014, 02:54 AM
I'll take over

Q: How many beatings from your step daddy does it take before you end up in a candy factory?