PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one...

Bold
02-17-2014, 05:24 PM
Who finds manga more entertaining than TV shows? There's very few shows that I enjoy as much as the manga I read.

pizzadust
02-17-2014, 05:24 PM
same

Riki
02-17-2014, 05:28 PM
you are the only one

nah I feel the same

Pacifista
02-17-2014, 05:28 PM
I certainly hope you aren't the only one.

There are very few animes that I find as enjoyable as the source material. Very, very few.

Currently I can only think of Shingeki no Kyojin, Yu Yu Hakusho and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I like the Shingeki manga more, FMA about the same and the Hakusho anime more.

Bold
02-17-2014, 05:30 PM
Nah, not anime. I meant TV shows like The Wire, Modern Family, Game of Thrones, etc.

Pacifista
02-17-2014, 05:31 PM
Oooh. Well I read manga more than I watch TV shows so I guess that answers that too. Still, there are TV shows that I enjoy.

Raystlyn
02-17-2014, 05:34 PM
Yeah I rarely watch TV shows, manga has that something

Tsu
02-17-2014, 05:36 PM
Books > Manga = Anime > Tv Shows

Bold
02-17-2014, 05:38 PM
Yeah. Like people usually say The Wire is the greatest show ever, but when I watched the first season I couldn't help but feel let down. It was good and all, but I was thinking it'd be crazy good. But honestly, it didn't have that strong an impact on me.

- - - Updated - - -

Books > Manga = Anime > Tv Shows

I agree tbh. Movies are probably last.

pizzadust
02-17-2014, 05:40 PM
I prefer good television over movies.

Riki
02-17-2014, 05:41 PM
heh books

Myst
02-17-2014, 05:41 PM
I feel the same, but I don't really watch TV

Tsu
02-17-2014, 05:49 PM
Yeah. Like people usually say The Wire is the greatest show ever, but when I watched the first season I couldn't help but feel let down. It was good and all, but I was thinking it'd be crazy good. But honestly, it didn't have that strong an impact on me.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree tbh. Movies are probably last.

Didn't feel movies were worth including. I don't really care for them anymore.

heh books

If I had to pick one single form of entertainment for the rest of my life it'd be books no contest.

X Leyva
02-17-2014, 06:17 PM
Really depends on the specific shows and manga in question.

Would i choose to read one piece instead of watching The Walking Dead-? Hell yeah.
Fairy Tail over the weather channel? Guess ima be listening to alotta elevator jazz.

pizzadust
02-17-2014, 06:22 PM
Really depends on the specific shows and manga in question.

Would i choose to read one piece instead of watching The Walking Dead-? Hell yeah.
Fairy Tail over the weather channel? Guess ima be listening to alotta elevator jazz.

lol

Makenzye
02-17-2014, 06:25 PM
I'm sure there are examples where I prefer the show, or just television over manga, but I'd commonly say I prefer comics and manga over television.

I don't know if I hold movies above or below either one, since it's hard to compare episodic format against what is more or less stand alone spectacle. For instance, I probably wouldn't have wanted to read Raging Bull as much as I enjoyed watching it. I say movies hold a special place for me, possibly above television but below comic stuff.

Comics ~ Manga > Movies > Television. I used to be a huge book reader and I have no clue why I stopped.

talonmalon333
02-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Television over film? You people talking crazy talk. :hoho

Rob
02-17-2014, 06:43 PM
Manga > Anime:
-Toriko
-Older shows
-One Piece Post-TS, and arguably Pre-TS

Anime > Manga:
-HxH
-Maybe Death Note, as it was done really well in the anime (But I have not read the manga... so my opinion isn't worth much)
-FMA?

Either or:
-Bleach
-Nardo
(Baring filler of course)

I will say that the Bleach anime stepped up their animation towards the end of the Arrancar arc, to the end.

Ruby
02-17-2014, 06:44 PM
Manga > Anime:
-Toriko
-Older shows
-One Piece Post-TS, and arguably Pre-TS

Anime > Manga:
-HxH
-Maybe Death Note, as it was done really well in the anime (But I have not read the manga... so my opinion isn't worth much)
-FMA?

Either or:
-Bleach
-Nardo
(Baring filler of course)

I will say that the Bleach anime stepped up their animation towards the end of the Arrancar arc, to the end.

The OP is about TV shows though. Like The Wire.

I think the only kind of television I regularly enjoyed more than manga were the cartoons I watched when I was younger. Like Dexter's Lab, Billy & Mandy, Recess, Spongebob, Johnny Bravo and all that good stuff.

White
02-17-2014, 06:51 PM
TV shows are a lot better imo. Anime can't really portray actual human emotions, and they often lack a lot of realism

Riki
02-17-2014, 06:52 PM
it's between manga and TV, not anime and TV or manga and anime :giogio

Cake
02-17-2014, 07:10 PM
there are tv shows that I love like Criminal minds and Hannibal (Will Graham <3 and Spencer <333 )

Enigma
02-17-2014, 07:16 PM
Jersey Shore>>>>>>>>>>>

Phoenix
02-17-2014, 09:18 PM
I look forward to seeing Monster on HBO.

pizzadust
02-17-2014, 09:19 PM
I look forward to seeing Monster on HBO.

OMG :cry this is happening

Bold
02-17-2014, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I found that pretty cool as well. I'll be looking forward to it.

blackdragonstory
02-17-2014, 09:29 PM
I watch Tv series :
- Pretty Little Liars
- The Mentalist
- Vampire Diaries
- The Originals
- Psych
- Big Bang Theory

I watch anime.
If you try manga first then you wont watch anime same goes for reverse situation.

- One Piece
- Fairy Tail
- Naruto Shippuden
- HunterXHunter
- Detective Conan
- Yugioh Zexal(recenty started)
- Bleach
There are more that I watched whole anime so I didnt write them.(the ones that hit the end episode)

I look forward to seeing any of those that I wrote,but some more and some less.
The only one that I would put above tv series and above anime is One Piece.

Egress
02-17-2014, 11:41 PM
depends. I like shows like Psych, Seinfeld, and Hannibal just as much as mangas/anime.