PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Read Your Manga?

Bold
12-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Do you read mangas as though they were novels? Where you read through the story with little attention to the art? Or do you prefer taking your time and enjoy the art on each page and ladmire the extra details the mangaka may have thrown in?

Maybe you enjoy using your imagination while you're reading. Creating voices for each characters in the manga or envisioning how they move and walk. Perhaps you even envision what the characters appearance would be were they coloured.

Are there certain mangas where the anime helps fill in the blanks? Where the voice actors provide that voice for the character? Or do you prefer just reading manga so the anime doesn't interfere with your own vision of the characters?

Phoenix
12-07-2013, 11:39 PM
1. Go to Mangastream/Mangahere/Batoto
2. Search for the Manga you wish to read.
3. Click on it.
4. Read from Right to Left.
5. Turn to the next page.
5. Enjoy.

Riki
12-07-2013, 11:45 PM
I don't really do anything, I just read

Pimp of Pimps
12-07-2013, 11:47 PM
I guess you could say I almost skim through it. I go pretty fast, not straining to look at the details.

Barujimoa's Burning Beast
12-08-2013, 05:47 PM
1.Do you read mangas as though they were novels? Where you read through the story with little attention to the art? Or do you prefer taking your time and enjoy the art on each page and ladmire the extra details the mangaka may have thrown in?

2.Maybe you enjoy using your imagination while you're reading. Creating voices for each characters in the manga or envisioning how they move and walk. Perhaps you even envision what the characters appearance would be were they coloured.

3.Are there certain mangas where the anime helps fill in the blanks? Where the voice actors provide that voice for the character? Or do you prefer just reading manga so the anime doesn't interfere with your own vision of the characters?
1.I must admit I pay much more attention to the story than the art.I will always enjoy a series with very average art and a great story more than a series with average story and great art.If the story is really great I'll pay more attention to the art when I re-read it.
2.Yes about the color and movements.For the voices I don't think about them while I'm reading a manga chapter.
3.Most of the time when an anime is faithful to the manga(no fillers),it helps fill some blanks. This is especially true for stories containing a lot of action. The motion,a good soundtrack and great cool voices from japanese seiwus(way more talented for faithfully adapting the emotions of the characters than western dubbers) are always enjoyable.However sometimes the anime version of a manga is cheap(kingdom)or infested with filler content,in these cases we're better off with no anime at all.Why spoil good stories with crappy animation?
To sum it up an anime is always a bonus when the story is great and the animation is good.

Myst
12-09-2013, 02:02 AM
Do you read mangas as though they were novels? Where you read through the story with little attention to the art? Or do you prefer taking your time and enjoy the art on each page and ladmire the extra details the mangaka may have thrown in?

Maybe you enjoy using your imagination while you're reading. Creating voices for each characters in the manga or envisioning how they move and walk. Perhaps you even envision what the characters appearance would be were they coloured.

Are there certain mangas where the anime helps fill in the blanks? Where the voice actors provide that voice for the character? Or do you prefer just reading manga so the anime doesn't interfere with your own vision of the characters?

- I tend to just speed read mangas without a lot of consideration to the art. However I will stop sometimes to admire a well-drawn page or double spread. Sometimes I have to take it slow if the art is so overly detailed that I can't figure out what is going on - this was the case when I read Nausicaa.

- I do tend to imagine voices and colour when reading a B/W manga. Something that kind of ticks me off is when a character's actual colouring is completely different from what I imagined, for example Midora from Toriko was pictured with a brown beard which I thought was pretty stupid :giogio

- Nah, I don't really like to watch anime based on manga because I'm a really fast reader, it kind of ticks me off when the anime covers in 25 minutes what I could read in like 5 minutes. In addition, I feel a lot of those animes are often compromised with lots of extra filler or bad pacing like Magi and the Big 3. Sometimes I will watch bits and pieces of anime for a part in the manga that I really enjoyed, though.

Tom
12-09-2013, 02:06 AM

I tend to speed read them and if I find the series is really fulfilling I will re-read it at a later date and pick up on more of the story than I did the first time and enjoy it all over again

I care more about a compelling story and characters than the art

Great Potato
12-09-2013, 02:51 AM

I usually just read the first and last pages of a chapter, and then use my imagination to fill in the middle.

Tom
12-09-2013, 02:53 AM
I usually just read the first and last pages of a chapter, and then use my imagination to fill in the middle.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

GP really is the best.

Rob
12-09-2013, 04:22 AM
When I read manga I,
Read page for page, word for word, obviously
Try to make out a majority of the panels.
Read any translations and what not.
Imaging the Voice of the Voice actor that plays the character that is speaking, while I'm reading. (If I don't know the voice of a character, I try to think of another VA that would be a good fit. E.g., Raikage (Naruto) and Mansam (Toriko)