PDA

View Full Version : Top-Selling Manga 2013

Rob
12-02-2013, 02:09 AM
Credit goes to Edward Newgate, NF (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=954782).

From November 19, 2012 to November 17, 2013.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-01/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series/2013

HxH still kicking ass :pimp

Glad to see Toriko doing good (13)

Riki
12-02-2013, 02:15 AM
Wrong section :maybe

Phoenix
12-02-2013, 02:17 AM
Is Silver Spoon good?

Schnarf
12-02-2013, 02:22 AM
Is Silver Spoon good?

it's nowhere near as good as FMA but it's pretty decent imo. It's a slice of life manga

Rob
12-02-2013, 02:27 AM
Wrong section :maybe

I was going to put it in the General Series section, but I thought, "Fuck it. The majority of the forum deals with OP anyway..."

Bold
12-02-2013, 02:28 AM
:giogio

Phoenix
12-02-2013, 02:29 AM
ewwww slice of life.

Myst
12-02-2013, 03:01 AM
Wow, really wasn't expecting Magi and Attack on Titan to be outselling Naruto of all things. I thought Naruto would be way higher than those two.

Pimp of Pimps
12-02-2013, 03:21 AM
I was going to put it in the General Series section, but I thought, "Fuck it. The majority of the forum deals with OP anyway..."

General Series had like over 100 more posts than the OP section this week, so not really. Moving the thread.

Bold
12-02-2013, 03:48 AM
Wow, really wasn't expecting Magi and Attack on Titan to be outselling Naruto of all things. I thought Naruto would be way higher than those two.

To be honest Bleach and Naruto have been slipping down the rankings for a while. AoT's anime has gotten tons of attention and Magi's name keeps popping up a lot more these days too.

Kuroko no Basket is doing a lot better than I thought it was though. Silver Spoon and Kimi ni Todoke are a bit of a surprise to me because I've never heard of either them.

Pimp of Pimps
12-02-2013, 03:51 AM
Really impressed with Magi, nice to see it getting recognition.

Crispinianus
12-02-2013, 04:16 AM
One Piece has sold more volumes than albums Michael Jackson's sold.

Murphy
12-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Good to see Shingeki doing so well.

Egress
12-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Assassination Classroom is doing very well.

- - - Updated - - -

Assassination Classroom is doing very well.

Big Boss
12-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Talk about hype. SnK is not even that good to be selling 18 mil a year.

Phoenix
12-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Toriko should be in the top 5.

Pimp of Pimps
12-03-2013, 01:53 AM
It should at least be top 10.

Heracles
12-03-2013, 09:59 AM
It should at least be top 10.

I agree

many childeren that watch the toriko anime are still to young to buy the toriko manga or dont have the money yet so i think in 2-3 years when they are older i expect a boost in older and new toriko volume sales

because the toriko anime is doing very good in japan

Halaros 536
12-03-2013, 04:12 PM
What the hell Togashi?

How can he still remain in the top 10 when he wasnt published a chapter for a year or so?

Myst
12-03-2013, 04:40 PM
To be honest Bleach and Naruto have been slipping down the rankings for a while. AoT's anime has gotten tons of attention and Magi's name keeps popping up a lot more these days too.

That's true. Bleach and Naruto have definitely been slipping. I guess I just assume that they're still huge because they used to be part of WSJ's Big 3.
And yeah, AoT has become crazy popular because of the anime - pretty much everyone knows about it now, while it was pretty obscure before. The same thing probably happened with Magi as well - the anime also gave it a huge popularity boost.

Toriko should be in the top 5.

I thought it would be, since WSJ likes to promote the crap out of it and it has a popular anime as well. Really unusual.

Anna
12-03-2013, 04:43 PM
I got into this thread expecting the annual OP wankathon OP fans have on most other forums, I was disappointed. ;-;

Heracles
12-03-2013, 04:47 PM
That's true. Bleach and Naruto have definitely been slipping. I guess I just assume that they're still huge because they used to be part of WSJ's Big 3.
And yeah, AoT has become crazy popular because of the anime - pretty much everyone knows about it now, while it was pretty obscure before. The same thing probably happened with Magi as well - the anime also gave it a huge popularity boost.

I thought it would be, since WSJ likes to promote the crap out of it and it has a popular anime as well. Really unusual.

many childeren that watch the toriko anime are still to young to buy the toriko manga or dont have the money yet so i think in 2-3 years when they are older i expect a boost in older and new toriko volume sales

and wsj is promoting toriko to take over when bleach and naruto end, it is a long term goal i think

Bold
12-03-2013, 04:50 PM
I got into this thread expecting the annual OP wankathon OP fans have on most other forums, I was disappointed. ;-;

Haven't you noticed yet, Shoe? We're not like other forums.

We're worse. :LOS

What the hell Togashi?

How can he still remain in the top 10 when he wasnt published a chapter for a year or so?

People still recommend HxH like crazy though. Not only that but the anime is still ongoing so it'll get attention from that.

Have you watched the Magi anime? I was sort of disappointed by it. It was pretty entertaining but it wasn't as strong as I hoped it would be.

Crispinianus
12-03-2013, 04:52 PM
There's just something magical about wanking One Piece. It makes me feel special.

Heracles
12-03-2013, 05:01 PM
lol bleachtards fans are still raging on forums that toriko doesnt deserve to have more sales then bleach and that bleach still sells more individual volumes

those idiots dont get that bleach is 7 years older and had much more time to grow a fanbase

Myst
12-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Have you watched the Magi anime? I was sort of disappointed by it. It was pretty entertaining but it wasn't as strong as I hoped it would be.

I did actually, and I didn't like it as well. I felt like the producers really liked to drag certain parts out which really kills the pace. Combine that with the fact that you already know what's going to happen (If you read the manga like me) and it can feel pretty boring at times. That, and I didn't really like the extra stuff that they added into the anime (like Alibaba being taken over by Isnan last season) which was pretty dumb and unnecessary IMO.

Bold
12-03-2013, 10:35 PM
I haven't read the manga myself. I wasn't sure if it would be more of the same after watching the first season. Judging from what you said though you'd still rate the manga itself pretty highly then?

Big Boss
12-03-2013, 11:12 PM
Everyone who's read the manga said it is superior to anime and that anime was a disappointment, but I still like it. I have high hopes for Season 2. The pirate arc was garbage, but Magnostadt arc is looking to be really great. I like how they make fun of Alibaba at every possibility. He even had a cat piss on him :lmao

Ichiryuu
12-04-2013, 01:20 AM
lol bleachtards fans are still raging on forums that toriko doesnt deserve to have more sales then bleach and that bleach still sells more individual volumes

those idiots dont get that bleach is 7 years older and had much more time to grow a fanbase

There's Bleachtards? I thought there were only bleach haters left, I myself like bleach, but I usually only see a lot of hate towards it. I rarely even see it being peoples favourite or whatever.

pizzadust
12-04-2013, 01:30 AM
Magi, Kuroko and Attack on Titan are doing alot better than I expected.

Myst
12-05-2013, 04:57 AM
I haven't read the manga myself. I wasn't sure if it would be more of the same after watching the first season. Judging from what you said though you'd still rate the manga itself pretty highly then?

I would say that it's still pretty good, highly recommend it. The action/fighting stuff really starts to pick up where season one left off, and there's still a lot of really great world-building going on with the nations of Reim and Magnostadt. The pacing has honestly been kind of slow lately but it seems to be picking up now.