PDA

View Full Version : Do You Hide the Fact That You Watch Anime?

Bold
11-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Personally I enjoy talking about anime/manga to whoever's interested. I remember like a couple of years back some of my friends told me it's a "white" thing to do (but they always call me Oreo/Bounty and the like so that might've been a joke :maybe) I didn't really care by then, but I have to admit that when I was 11ish I did always think it was childish/geeky and that I'd "outgrow" it or something. Now, I treat it the same as any other form of entertainment. What about you guys?

Tom
11-10-2013, 08:32 PM
I don't hide it but I don't announce it either. It's something I like, but doesn't define me as a person. I think when it comes to be a defining characteristic of a person, that's when you have a problem.

Riki
11-10-2013, 08:32 PM
I mostly hang out with other asians, who all read manga/watch anime, so I don't have any reason to hide it. They also read/watch some pretty weird things, I think they're the ones hiding stuff :maybe

Bold
11-10-2013, 08:39 PM
I mostly hang out with other asians, who all read manga/watch anime, so I don't have any reason to hide it. They also read/watch some pretty weird things, I think they're the ones hiding stuff :maybe

Please, I still remember that weird ass manga you posted in the chatbox a while ago.

Riki
11-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Please, I still remember that weird ass manga you posted in the chatbox a while ago.

lol, someone linked me to that. It was pretty tame tbh

I still have the link too :maybe

Valyrian Steel
11-10-2013, 08:47 PM
I don't exactly hide it, neither do I bring it up when there's no reason for it. Only a few people know I read manga/ watch anime, though.

DoflaMihawk
11-10-2013, 08:48 PM
If someone straight-up asked me if I watched anime and wanted to discuss it, I'd say yes. Don't think that's ever happened though.

What was it?

Bold
11-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Some Cross Dressing Manga. The chapter he linked to had a cross-dressing guy get molested on a train.

Riki
11-10-2013, 08:51 PM
lol

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/107738/josou-shounen-anthology-comic_v7_chcuteg_by_hachimitsu-scans/2

E
11-10-2013, 08:53 PM
I never initiate a discussion about it myself but if someone flat out asked me whether i watch anime id say yes

Tom
11-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Classy

- - - Updated - - -

I never initiate a discussion about it myself but if someone flat out asked me whether i watch anime id say yes

Nice avatar

Great Potato
11-10-2013, 08:58 PM
I don't really watch anime.

Bold
11-10-2013, 09:01 PM
The OP mentioned Mangas too. The title's long enough as it is. :maybe

ET Rice
11-10-2013, 09:02 PM
I don't watch anime. I read Manga and Manwha.

I just prefer it I guess... Because it skips any fillers and anime-only content which is overall irrelevant to the plot and the series in general. I consider stuff like that a waste of time. I am a very fast reader and can breeze through a Dialogue heavy chapter in 4 to 5 mins. So I don't take up much time of my day if I read through a newly released chapter. It means I can still do things which are productive instead of sitting and watching something for 20 minutes.

I have found a group of people at school who also read manga or watch anime. So I fit right in with nothing to hide! I wouldn't have hidden anything anyways. For those of you who do hide the fact you watch anime or read manga: Grow a pair , you have nothing to be ashamed of. There's no better version of you than your true self. If you're hiding things you're not letting that true self out.

i c e
11-10-2013, 09:28 PM
What other people think i couldnt give two shits! I watch/read cause it bring me enjoyment.

Phoenix
11-10-2013, 09:30 PM
I don't watch anime.

Fatty
11-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Like others have said i dont talk about it unless someone brings it up in convo. I was rather dissapointed last year when i went to my first anime convention. Some guy was dressed as Zoro so i walked past him and said hey wheres mihawk at? (totally joking) and hes like whos mihawk....totally ruined my day.

Big Boss
11-10-2013, 10:27 PM
lol

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/107738/josou-shounen-anthology-comic_v7_chcuteg_by_hachimitsu-scans/2

This is kind of funny. Following it ;D

Riki
11-10-2013, 10:30 PM
:giogio

Bold
11-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Your plan to creep people out backfired hard, Riko. This is a bigger failure than female Pro Wrestling.

Riki
11-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Looks like I will have to find something better to post :maybe

FerreiraDaSilva
11-10-2013, 11:23 PM
I don't shout it out loud, but don't hide either. I just get a bit embarrassed when people associates me with otaku guys, since I just happen to like manga but don't share their weird habits. Not that I dislike them, but it's the same when people associates me with headbangers just for listening heavy metal and etc ..

ET Rice
11-11-2013, 08:03 AM
What other people think i couldnt give two shits! I watch/read cause it bring me enjoyment.
http://www.luffyforums.com/images/smilies/Onions/sotrue.gif

Bold
11-11-2013, 08:15 AM
I don't watch anime. I read Manga and Manwha.

I just prefer it I guess... Because it skips any fillers and anime-only content which is overall irrelevant to the plot and the series in general. I consider stuff like that a waste of time. I am a very fast reader and can breeze through a Dialogue heavy chapter in 4 to 5 mins. So I don't take up much time of my day if I read through a newly released chapter. It means I can still do things which are productive instead of sitting and watching something for 20 minutes.

I definitely have to switch from anime to manga. As you said, Anime takes a lot of time. I'll probably restrict myself to just watching a few top notch animes from now on.

I don't shout it out loud, but don't hide either. I just get a bit embarrassed when people associates me with otaku guys, since I just happen to like manga but don't share their weird habits. Not that I dislike them, but it's the same when people associates me with headbangers just for listening heavy metal and etc ..

People tend to stereotype like that. I've never met anyone you can describe as an Otaku though so it's a silly association.

Halaros 536
11-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Most of my friends do watch anime, so it's a commons subject in our discussions.

Other than that, I have no problem mentioning it.

Which manga? I wanna know.

Bold
11-11-2013, 12:09 PM
lol

It's in the spoiler.

Doc Q
11-11-2013, 04:33 PM
I don't hide it but I don't announce it either. It's something I like, but doesn't define me as a person. I think when it comes to be a defining characteristic of a person, that's when you have a problem.

This.

If someone asked, I'd have no problem mentioning it. But I don't market myself as a Berserk fan or whatever. Just as how I like the series 'Californication', but I don't go around spreading the word on that either. There's a long list of things I associate myself with before the kind of entertainment I enjoy at home comes up in my head. I believe that's a healthy thing.

Enigma
11-11-2013, 08:27 PM
I never bring it up but if someone mentions it, I don't mind talking about it.

Marimo
11-12-2013, 12:40 AM
I don't deny it...I just never bring up the fact

Pacifista
11-12-2013, 04:04 AM
I don't hide anything.

Halaros 536
11-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Every guy and girl that knows I watch anime/manga.

Even people I've never talked to before know that I'm a big anime/manga fan thanks to social media.

So that's about 1000 people if we include all the social medias I use.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm watching an anime in the middle of my university lecture right now

annie kicking ass :datass

Oh fuck you. For a sec there I thought you were Gad and I was like "what?". Gad attending university lectures???

Bold
11-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Like others have said i dont talk about it unless someone brings it up in convo. I was rather dissapointed last year when i went to my first anime convention. Some guy was dressed as Zoro so i walked past him and said hey wheres mihawk at? (totally joking) and hes like whos mihawk....totally ruined my day.

:lmao

I've never come across an anime convention in England. I might try to go if there's ever one in my area, but I don't think I'd ever cosplay as someone.

Pimp of Pimps
11-14-2013, 10:50 PM
I don't hide it nor am I open about it.

Yoshi
11-15-2013, 07:07 AM
No, why would I?

Murphy
11-18-2013, 06:35 AM
Any of those who spent enough time with me knows of my interest in animation and artwork. So no, I don't hide that aspect of me.

Tendou
11-20-2013, 02:16 AM
no.

i am proud of my animuality.
people should have the right to love any from of entertainment they wish,
and not face the fear of discrimination because of this difference in preference.