PDA

View Full Version : Speed Game 3

Tom
09-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Posting this to see how many people are interested in a one-night speed game.

Could be today or tomorrow depending on interest.

What is the earliest the game could start? What is the latest the game could last before you have to go to sleep? Will need to commit to about 5 hours.

I am thinking about 5-10PM EST, roughly, but am flexible.

Day phases will be 60 minutes max; Night phases 30 minutes max.

Signed up:
1. DoflaMikawk
2. Ultrapoops
3. Big Gaddy
4. Rickety Cricket
5. Flaming Bird
6. CM

By the way, here's the structure of this game:

The mafia is a mad inventor. Every night, he makes two widgets and is forced to anonymously hand them to two players of his choosing. A recipient can either use the widget to kill someone that same night (gun), or use it to protect someone that night (vest), including himself. The mafia has two widgets himself: he is one-time bulletproof and gets one gun. This means he can night kill only once.

If multiple widgets of the same type (2-3 guns or 2 vests) are used on the same target, it will have an interactive effect. Multiple guns on the same target will kill the last person to shoot the target in addition to killing the target. Two vests on a target will make the target Lynchproof the following Day. Obviously, a gun and a vest on the same target would cancel out, but 2 guns and a vest would kill the second shooter and not the target. Note that the mafia is always the first shooter.

Players may discuss the results of the nights events (e.g. who died) but players who received widgets may not reveal that fact, nor their actions. Basically, you cannot confirm if you received a widget and you cannot reveal how you used it.

Players may discuss which widget actions would be best for the following Night. It's up to players to play along or not, knowing the mafia could ruin their plans.

DoflaMihawk
09-10-2013, 04:57 PM
[DoflaMihawk]

I'll make sure not to blink and miss it this time.

Tom
09-10-2013, 04:58 PM
[DoflaMihawk]

I'll make sure not to blink and miss it this time.

Any preference on which day it should be?

DoflaMihawk
09-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Today's fine for me. 3 hours from the time of your post.

Tom
09-10-2013, 07:35 PM

Ultra
09-10-2013, 08:24 PM
[Ultra]

Not missing this one this time :pek

Tom
09-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Need 5 or 6 players. I could do it tonight if more people come on later and can commit a 5 hour block.

The Gaddess
09-10-2013, 08:39 PM
[GADDY]

Riki
09-10-2013, 09:04 PM
4 pm EST is a bit too early for me, although all I'd miss would be half/all of the first day phase, which isn't that much.

[Riki]

Tom
09-10-2013, 09:17 PM

The mafia is a mad inventor. Every night, he makes two widgets and is forced to anonymously hand them to two players of his choosing. A recipient can either use the widget to kill someone that same night (gun), or use it to protect someone that night (vest), including himself. The mafia has two widgets himself: he is one-time bulletproof and gets one gun. This means he can night kill only once.

If multiple widgets of the same type (2-3 guns or 2 vests) are used on the same target, it will have an interactive effect. Multiple guns on the same target will kill the last person to shoot the target in addition to killing the target. Two vests on a target will make the target Lynchproof the following Day. Obviously, a gun and a vest on the same target would cancel out, but 2 guns and a vest would kill the second shooter and not the target. Note that the mafia is always the first shooter.

Players may discuss the results of the nights events (e.g. who died) but players who received widgets may not reveal that fact, nor their actions. Basically, you cannot confirm if you received a widget and you cannot reveal how you used it.

Players may discuss which widget actions would be best for the following Night. It's up to players to play along or not, knowing the mafia could ruin their plans.

X
09-10-2013, 10:53 PM
I'll sign-up if we play on Thursday. I can't offer any time tonight because I am going to a concert, and tomorrow doesn't work since I will be traveling home.

Tom
09-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Okay. Well we'll see what happens.

Ultra
09-11-2013, 12:32 AM

So, if the mafia hasn't been shot yet, all he needs is one person to give him a vest to make him lynchproof?

Tom
09-11-2013, 12:33 AM
No, that bonus won't apply unless he's given two vests by townies.

Tom
09-11-2013, 03:37 PM
I may not be able to host this on Thursday, so let's shoot for tonight.

Need 2 more players, starting at 5 or 6 PM EST. (5 or 6 hours from time of this post).

Tom
09-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Anyone else up for it tonight?

Tom
09-11-2013, 09:36 PM
If we can't get more people in time then I can make this a free for all game and change the rules a little.

:scheme

Valyrian Steel
09-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Four posts in row.... Talk about a fail :lmao

Riki
09-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Free for all mafia? wut

Tom
09-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Free for all mafia? wut

Yeah, it wouldn't really be a traditional mafia game anymore, but it would still be entertaining.

Ultra
09-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Yeah, it wouldn't really be a traditional mafia game anymore, but it would still be entertaining.

Just do it I've got some free time now.

Tom
09-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Can we get one more player? Who is online?

The Gaddess
09-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Not me.

Phoenix
09-11-2013, 10:22 PM
I'll join if we can start in a hour.

Tom
09-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Not me.

Are you leaving or just being awful

- - - Updated - - -

I'll join if we can start in a hour.

I can do that if other people can

DoflaMihawk
09-11-2013, 10:28 PM
I can be on in an hour.

Millennium Creed
09-11-2013, 10:34 PM
[MC]​

Tom
09-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Alright. Got six. Starting game in 15 minutes, with an added rule: if Mafia survives until Night 4, he wins.

The Gaddess
09-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Would I be awful to you Tom? :tomato

Tom
09-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Game started.